[hsflinux] USB

Tony Earnshaw tonni at billy.demon.nl
Tue Jan 20 01:56:32 EST 2004

lør, 2003-03-15 kl. 21:00 skrev Paul Sutton:

> I have a conexant USB AU11 modem, the modem id tool only seems to recognise
> my internal dialup modem,  is it still possible to download appropriate
> drivers to get things working.  I am using Suse 8.1 but am stuck with
> windows for internet broadband use.

At the risk of getting slaughtered, I'd say that these Conexant drivers
are purely for PCI modems. For example, when I was using a Xircom PCMCIA
card on this particular notebook, I needed (David Hines') PCMCIA support
and the included PCMCIA modem driver. I'd say you needed similar USB
support, and I don't know whether that exists for Conexant - I doubt it.

OT: I don't know what broadband you have set up, but normal DSL/ADSL
Ethernet -> modem configs definitely don't need Windows, thank goodness.

Best,

Tony

--

Tony Earnshaw