[hsflinux] problems with cpufreq

schmidt_sebastian at gmx.de schmidt_sebastian at gmx.de
Tue Jul 5 00:46:09 EDT 2005

Hi,

I've some problems with the hsf driver when using it together with the
cpufreq program.
I'm using Suse 9.3 (for Suse 9.1 and 8.0 the issue was the same) on a Dell
Inspiron 8200. If the cpu speed is switched (depending on the load of the
machine) during the connecting procedure or if after the cpu speed has been
switched a renegotiation of the speed is done (to my knowledge, I tried to
track it down once), I get messages like
kernel: Conexant: RX FIFO OVERRUN (Bus Latency) - FIFOE<3>
kernel: Conexant: TX FIFO UNDERRUN (Bus Latency) - FIFOE<3>
and the connection breaks down.

To be able to use the modem I had to switch off cpufreqd. It would be nice,
if this bug would be fixed.

Regards,
  Sebastian