[hsflinux] Modem on Acer Aspire 3023WLMi

Michael Doube michaeldoube at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 14:56:42 EDT 2005

Hi there

I'm attempting to get my modem working under Fedora Core 4 installed on
an Acer Aspire 3023WLMi notebook.  scanModem indicates that the Linuxant
drivers are the ones to use.
lspci returns:

00:14.6 Class 0703: 1002:4378 (rev 02)

As the modem.

The Windows drivers are written by Conexant, and can be found here:

ftp://ftp.support.acer-euro.com/notebook/aspire_3020_5020/driver/modem.zip

I have installled the RPM appropriate to my kernel version, and tried
the stk16 kernel and driver.  I've disabled with ifdown eth0 and wlan0,
but regardless of these manipulations I always get this result:

ERROR: no device detected by hsf driver

I can forward my hsfdiag.txt if it will be useful to you

Mike