[hsflinux] NO CARRIER - again

Rob Carruthers grooveharder at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 22:06:43 EST 2006

hello,

sorry to bother you again about this, but after another reinstall of
Slackware 11 and a kernel recompile etc, I am once again getting the
message "NO CARRIER" when dialing. I have tried the kernel boot
parameter "pci=routeirq" as suggested, and the carrier check option in
wvdial, but I still get the same result - the modem getting 'stuck' on
one particular bit of dialing, resulting in a NO CARRIER message.

i have upgraded to the latest driver, and am using kernel 2.6.18.2.