[hsflinux] my hayes usb does not always work on boot

Mike Russo miker at readq.com
Wed Aug 22 13:29:05 EDT 2007

http://www.linux-usb.org/FAQ.html  is the page that helped me.  It also
recommends trying to "rmmod ehci-hcd" which will make the modem work in
USB 1.1 mode instead of hi-speed mode, and if that works you could have
a problem with the cable or the connector.   Read that FAQ and see if
anything rings a bell.

René wrote:
> Mike Russo escribió:
>> You should also check out /var/log/messages for any USB related log
>> messages.  I was having a similar problem, and looking up the error
>> messages on the internet (specifically the linux-usb.org FAQ) I found
>> that turning ACPI off (through the use of the acpi=off kernel boot
>> parameter) made the modem work flawlessly.
>>

> these are the errors i'm having:
> Aug 22 13:04:04 debian kernel: /usr/lib/hsfmodem/modules/osusb.c:
> CD2_GET_INFROMATION returned error -71
> Aug 22 13:04:04 debian kernel:
> /usr/lib/hsfmodem/modules/cnxthwusb_common.c: Firmware download failed
> Aug 22 13:04:04 debian kernel:
> /usr/lib/hsfmodem/modules/cnxthwusb_common.c: CommInterface already
> claimed
>
> they are all triggered by the hsfmodem driver, i don't see usb related
> errors in the logs...
>
> otherwise, the modem work flawlessly, just not on boot, but after
> replugging it
>
> i tried acpi=off, just in case, but that didn't work either
>

> thanks,
> René

Mike Russo
ReadQ Systems, Inc.
(212) 425-3680

Random quote of the last-time-I-ran-bash:
Peter Griffin:  Look, you got anything you could possibly want right here, now just eat your cinnamon bun, and stop being a bad dog.
Brian Griffin:  [gasp] How dare you? How dare you!
Peter Griffin:  How dare I? How dare I? Were do you think you're going?
Brian Griffin:  [angrily] Out.
Peter Griffin:  Hey, you're not going anywhere without your leash.
Brian Griffin:  I don't need your damn leash, and I don't need you! I'm going for a walk. [shuts door]
Peter Griffin:  Don't worry. He won't get far without this. [shows something strange]