[hsflinux] hsf driver problems with Ubuntu 7.10, 2.6.22-15 kernel

Irihapeti ngakaumarie-ubi at yahooxtra.co.nz
Sun Jun 29 02:28:32 EDT 2008

I recently upgraded the Ubuntu 7.10 kernel from 2.6.22-14 to 2.6.22-15
as part of the automatic update process. I removed the older driver
(.deb package) and installed a replacement from
hsfmodem-7.68.00.04full.tar.gz, which I happened to have already on my
computer. After two days or so of apparently normal functioning, it
stopped working properly, taking the modem off-hook as soon as I booted.
I had some difficulty uninstalling it. Trying to install the
7.68.00.11full package instead didn't work, either.

For the moment, I've downgraded the kernel to 2.6.22-14 and reinstalled
the .deb package. I note that there isn't a precompiled .deb version for
the 2.6.22-15 kernel. What would I need to do to be fully operational
with the later kernel? Does it need the new alsa driver as well?