[hsflinux] Kernel panics with hsfmodem and HylaFAX

Jan Middelkoop jan at recreatie-zorg.nl
Mon Oct 13 05:50:11 EDT 2008

Hello,

I am having a problem with the hsfmodem kernel module using HylaFAX.
Recieving faxes works beautifully, but whenever I try to send a fax,
kernel panics occur.  I am unsure why this happens, which information I
should provide to the list, or even where I can find more debug information.

I'm running Fedora Linux 8, with an x86_64 kernel, version 2.6.26.5-28.
Since I could not find any RPM binaries for 64-bit Linux, I've compiled
the hsfmodem kernel modules from source.  Source package used is
"hsfmodem-7.68.00.14x86_64full.tar.gz".

The relevant output of "lspci -v":

01:0a.0 Communication controller: Conexant HSF 56k Data/Fax Modem (rev 01)
        Subsystem: Conexant Unknown device 200d
        Memory at fbee0000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=64K]
        I/O ports at dc00 [size=8]
        Kernel driver in use: hsfpcibasic2
        Kernel modules: hsfpcibasic2

Any help with either resolving the kernel panics or obtaining useful
debug information, will be very much appreciated.

Kindest regards,
Jan Middelkoop
ICT manager Recreatie & Zorg Groep B.V.

Website: http://www.recreatie-zorg.nl/