[hsflinux] "Clicks" in handshake sound don't let modem to establish connection.

isengard2002 at yandex.ru isengard2002 at yandex.ru
Tue Sep 8 12:12:32 EDT 2009

 hi, i have a strange problem, after updating kernel (from 2.6.27 to 2.6.30) with in-kernel alsa i can't use modem driver anymore. With freshly installed gentoo-sources-2.6.30-r6 hsfconfig failed building modules with message: HDA support not compiled in the driver, so i decided switch off in-kernel alsa and to try out separate alsa-driver package (1.0.20) with patch from linuxant with improved support for Conexant chipsets and the HSF driver. All compiled ok. hsfconfig build modules. Modem works. But it can't establish connection due "clicks" in its signal. I have a record of it. The same version of driver works ok with gentoo-sources-2.6.27 (with in-kernel alsa) without any patching. I also have applied alsa-patch from linuxant to gentoo-sources-2.6.30-r6 to try it with in-kernel alsa (1.0.20). This works too but also with "clicks".

I can send you dcprecord.tar.gz, it is about 300k.
I tried same version (7.80.02.04) of hsfmodem driver on both kernels.
Kernels have just the same configuration files.