[driverloader] 802.11b anyone?

Salvador Abreu salvador.abreu at netcabo.pt
Sun Oct 12 11:50:19 EDT 2003

Hello list,

I just tried the driverloader for my Dell TM 1300, which is a:

02:03.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM94306 802.11g (rev 02)

It loads fine, eth1 comes up.  I can iwconfig to get it to the state I'd want:

# iwconfig eth1 mode ad-hoc rate 11M

however, the "rate" command is ignored:

# iwconfig eth1
eth1      IEEE 802.11-DS  ESSID:""  Nickname:"unknown"
          Mode:Ad-Hoc  Bit Rate=54Mb/s   Tx-Power=16 dBm
          RTS thr:off   Fragment thr:off
          Encryption key:off
          Power Management:off
          Link Quality:0  Signal level:0  Noise level:0

in particular, the 11Mbs mode doesn't work.  I need this because the
rest of my wifi network is 802.11b.  I'm using an ad-hoc network with no
base station (802.11b board on the desktop)

any known reason why these drivers don't seem to want to do 11Mbps?

--
 ../salvador