[driverloader] U.S.Robotics USR5410

Robert Maier Robert.Maier at esat.kuleuven.ac.be
Wed Nov 26 16:05:22 EST 2003

True, the file was in the INF subdirectory of Windows, my ovelook was that I
was searching with Windows and as you said, the file was hidden. A search for
inf files followed by a grep on "obotics" revealed indeed the USR11g.inf
file.

Robert.

> Dnia śro 26. listopad 2003 14:12, Robert Maier napisał:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Does anybody know how to make the U.S.Robotics USR5410 WLAN card work
> > with the DriverLoader? As far as I can see, on the DriverLoader webpage
> > there is a link to the Windows XP drivers of this card, but the problem
> > is that U.S.Robotics only offers an .EXE file (no .INF or .NTF files).
> >
> > I searched the CD that comes with the card, I have also searched the web.
> > I also looked on the Windows XP system after I installed the drivers and
> > no .INF file appears, only a .SYS file (USR11G.SYS). So, I am unable to
> > upload the Windows drivers to the DriverLoader.
> >
> > Does anyone have a solution for this problem?
>
> Try to unzip this file. If it is a selfextracting ZIP archive, it will
> simply work. I had exactly the same with LinkSys drivers for my card (which
> didn't work, by the way, but it doesn't matter).
>
> By the way, the .INF file for the driver is probably stored in subdirectory
> Inf of WinXP directory (it has attribute 'hidden' set so you must turn on
> showing all files). But which one it is - you have to guess somehow.

Robert Maier
Kasteelpark Arenberg 10           / ____/___  / ___//_  _// ____/
3001 Heverlee                    / /   / __ \ \__ \  / / / /
Fax:   +32-16-32.19.69