[driverloader] SuSE 9.0 and Belking 54g

Todd Jackson 9tj3 at qlink.queensu.ca
Fri Dec 12 09:05:29 EST 2003

On Fri, 12 Dec 2003, Jon Black wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've had a lot of problems setting this card up with linux and the linuxant
> driverloader. I've managed to set it up and it works fine (at 54g speeds)
> however, the following bugs remain:
>
> 1. Due to the order of the boot process, my network connection is being set up
> before pcmcia is being turned on. Thus, when I boot into linux, my card is
> not configured. I have to go into yast everytime to rememdy the problem.

This worked for me:
Compile your wired ethernet driver as a module and all the PCMCIA drivers
as modules.  Go into the file that lists all your modules that get loaded
on boot (/etc/modules.autoload.d/kernel-2.4 for my Gentoo system) and put
all the PCMCIA drivers first, then driverloader, then your ethernet
driver.

> 2. If I have my ethernet card configured as well as my pcmcia wireless card,
> the wireless card will not work. It can detect the access point but is unable
> to obtain an ip address.

I had to manually manipulate the kernel routing table to get my card to
talk to the router, but I'm using a static ip address.  Typing 'route'
will show you which network adapter Linux is using by default.