[driverloader] fedora kernel update, driverloader update

Jason Ronallo jronallo at temple.edu
Tue Jan 13 16:30:17 EST 2004

How soon after an announced kernel update does Linuxant usually provide
the updated driverloader rpm?  What kind of commitment have they made to
  keeping it current? Is there a email update sent out or is the update
information just posted to this list?

When you update the kernel do you have to go through the _whole_
driverloader install and card configuration process again?  Maybe it
gets easier after the first time, but it did take me some time to get it
working properly.

I'm also wondering if people have had luck getting driverloader to work
with arjanv's regular 2.6 kernel rpm's?  I had no such luck either with
the generic rpm or with the tar package install.  I'd like to use the
2.6 kernel on my laptop because of the better ACPI built-in and try to
use ALSA amongst other things.

Figured I'd ask before I buy.

--Jason

Fedora Update Notification