[driverloader] wlan card disconnects automatically after ca. 20 minutes

Riko Wichmann rikow at yahoo.de
Mon Feb 9 09:11:24 EST 2004

Dear all,

I successfully installed and configured the
driverloader to run my Centrino WLAN chip un Suse
Linux 8.1 which a custom compiled Kernel 2.4.24 on a
DELL D600. I connect without problem to the AP using
128bit encryption and ESSID. However, after about 20
minutes, the connection just seems to drop, at least I
don't get a single bit through anymore as the traffic
monitor shows me.

When the wireless connection is up and running, I see:

> ifconfig eth1
eth1      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr my-Mac
          inet addr:my-IP  Bcast:my-Bcast
Mask:my-Mask
          UP BROADCAST NOTRAILERS RUNNING MULTICAST
MTU:1500  Metric:1
          RX packets:1364 errors:0 dropped:0
overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:4 errors:1 dropped:0 overruns:0
carrier:0
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
          RX bytes:96290 (94.0 Kb)  TX bytes:1830 (1.7
Kb)

# dldrconfig --info
Linuxant DriverLoader for Wireless LAN devices,
version 1.57

Web configurator: listening on 127.0.0.1:18020

Current parameters: ("dldrconfig --info")

Wireless interface name: eth1
	MAC address    : my-Mac
	Device instance: PCI-0000:02:03.0-8086:1043-8086:2561
	Device driver  : w70n51
	Driver Version : 1.2.1.1
	Description    : Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 7100 LAN Card
Driver
	Adapter model  : PRO/Wireless LAN 2100 3A Mini PCI
Adapter
	License owner  : rikow at yahoo.de
	License key    : my-Lincense-key
	License status : OK (Expires 2004-03-01)

After the connection stopped, there is no way of
getting it back (restarting the network, switching the
wireless off and back on, rebooting or shutdowning the
machine). However, after giving up in the evening and
turning the machine back on in the morning, the
wireless is up as if nothing happened ... until 20
minutes pass :(

Did anybody have similar problems and is there a way
to fix it? I connect to a Netgear MR814v2 AP.

Thanks and cheers,
         Riko

Gesendet von Yahoo! Mail: http://mail.yahoo.de
 Noch schneller mailen? Yahoo! Messenger: http://de.messenger.yahoo.com