[driverloader] wlan card disconnects automatically after ca. 20 minutes

Sebastien Stormacq sebastien.stormacq at sun.com
Mon Feb 9 21:26:47 EST 2004

Hello,

I have kind of similar problem when using a corporate AP.
@ Home, I don't have this problem at all ... I do suspect a problem on
the corporate AP side ...

My connection time is around 5 min and, the sequence
ifdown eth1 ; rmmod driverloader ; modprobe driverloader ; ifup eth1
restores the network

hope this helps

Seb

On Mon, 2004-02-09 at 09:11, Riko Wichmann wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I successfully installed and configured the
> driverloader to run my Centrino WLAN chip un Suse
> Linux 8.1 which a custom compiled Kernel 2.4.24 on a
> DELL D600. I connect without problem to the AP using
> 128bit encryption and ESSID. However, after about 20
> minutes, the connection just seems to drop, at least I
> don't get a single bit through anymore as the traffic
> monitor shows me.
>
> When the wireless connection is up and running, I see:
>
> > ifconfig eth1
> eth1      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr my-Mac
>           inet addr:my-IP  Bcast:my-Bcast
> Mask:my-Mask
>           UP BROADCAST NOTRAILERS RUNNING MULTICAST
> MTU:1500  Metric:1
>           RX packets:1364 errors:0 dropped:0
> overruns:0 frame:0
>           TX packets:4 errors:1 dropped:0 overruns:0
> carrier:0
>           collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
>           RX bytes:96290 (94.0 Kb)  TX bytes:1830 (1.7
> Kb)
>
> # dldrconfig --info
> Linuxant DriverLoader for Wireless LAN devices,
> version 1.57
>
> Web configurator: listening on 127.0.0.1:18020
>
> Current parameters: ("dldrconfig --info")
>
> Wireless interface name: eth1
> 	MAC address    : my-Mac
> 	Device instance: PCI-0000:02:03.0-8086:1043-8086:2561
> 	Device driver  : w70n51
> 	Driver Version : 1.2.1.1
> 	Description    : Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 7100 LAN Card
> Driver
> 	Adapter model  : PRO/Wireless LAN 2100 3A Mini PCI
> Adapter
> 	License owner  : rikow at yahoo.de
> 	License key    : my-Lincense-key
> 	License status : OK (Expires 2004-03-01)
>
> After the connection stopped, there is no way of
> getting it back (restarting the network, switching the
> wireless off and back on, rebooting or shutdowning the
> machine). However, after giving up in the evening and
> turning the machine back on in the morning, the
> wireless is up as if nothing happened ... until 20
> minutes pass :(
>
> Did anybody have similar problems and is there a way
> to fix it? I connect to a Netgear MR814v2 AP.
>
> Thanks and cheers,
>          Riko
>

> Gesendet von Yahoo! Mail: http://mail.yahoo.de
>  Noch schneller mailen? Yahoo! Messenger: http://de.messenger.yahoo.com
                         SUN MICROSYSTEMS
                      "We make the net work."
Sebastien Stormacq                      Sun Microsystems Luxembourg
Senior Software Architect               Parc d'Activites 77-79, L8308
Capellen
sebastien.stormacq at sun.com              Phone:  +352 49 11 33 56
http://www.sun.lu                       Fax:    +352 49 11 33 33
                                        Mobile: +352 021 503 626