[driverloader] Need to rerun dldrconfig after boot

Jack Orenstein jorenstein at archivas.com
Fri Feb 13 10:19:13 EST 2004

I'm using the Linuxant driver on a Dell D800 laptop running
RedHat 9 (kernel 2.4.20-28.9), using the builtin wireless nic.

After I ran dldrconfig, the network connection worked.

On reboot, eth0 appears to come up, but it does not. If I run ifup
eth0 manually, it returns instantly with no output and eth0 is not
working. ifconfig shows loopback only, not eth0.

However, if I rerun dldrconfig, then ifup eth0 works properly.

What is dldrconfig doing that is not surviving the reboot, and how can
I fix the problem?

Here is /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0:

     # Please read /usr/share/doc/initscripts-*/sysconfig.txt
     # for the documentation of these parameters.
     USERCTL=no
     PEERDNS=yes
     GATEWAY=
     ONBOOT=yes