[driverloader] No connectivity: wlan0 (SuSE 9)

x86processor genes46genes at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 1 19:04:34 EST 2004

Hi!

I followed the instructions for installation of the
wireless drivers for SuSE Linux 9 (kernel 2.4.21-99)
and I have installed the drivers successfully. But I
don't seem to get an IP address from the wireless
router at my place (it has encryption enabled).

I have downloaded the wpa_supplicant, but not sure how
to install it. I believe it is required for
encryption?

1/ I did #ifup wlan0, it just returns with a warning
saying: Warning: Encryption not enabled

2/I am able to see wlan0 when I do 'ifconfig -a', but
there is no IP address assigned to it

3/ How do i install wpa_supplicant

4/ System hangs when i do 'dldrconfig --dumpdiag'

Waiting to hear from you,

x86