[driverloader] Dell 600m centrino, FC1, kernel 2.6.4: problem building/loading

Philippe Chatelain philch at galcit.caltech.edu
Sun Apr 4 11:07:32 EDT 2004

Hi there,

I am currently running FC1, kernel 2.6.3 and dldr 1.65 with no problem.
I got into trouble when I tried to install it under 2.6.4. After
compiling the module, my machine locked hard.
I rebooted and (as expected...) I got a zillion kernel errors during
boot and loading the dldr module.
I was wondering if anyone else out there is running Core 1 and 2.6.4 (or
2.6.5 since it just came out...) and had any pointer...
I am suspecting a difference between the compiler I used to build dldr
vs the one the Fedora RPMS are built with.

Philippe Chatelain
Graduate Student

Graduate Aeronautical Laboratories
California Institute of Technology

philch at galcit.caltech.edu       California Institute of Technology
                                MC 205-45
Phone: (home) 626 356 3904      Pasadena, CA 91125
       (work) 626 395 8310      USA