[driverloader] Broadcom 54g + FC3 + 1.5 G = 100% CPU usage?

Prarit Bhargava prarit at sgi.com
Thu Mar 24 09:32:33 EST 2005

Hello all,

 I have recently purchased a R3000z with integrated
 Broadcom 54g.

 Currently running FC3.

 I'm using linuxant's driverloader to install the
 64 bit drivers for the card -- I've used it succesfully for two days.

 It worked fine _until_ I upgraded the memory to 1.5 G.

 Now the process kdlrd/dpc has 100% cpu usage...

 Downgrading the memory back to 512 M solves the problem.

 The memory is the correct memory for the system --
 the wireless works properly in i386 mode and in
 Windows XP at 1.5 G and at 512 M ...

 Any ideas?

 Anything that might be helpful to send to these lists?