[hcflinux] no modem sound

Angus Auld angusauld at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 2 13:24:59 EDT 2002

Greetings,

I just installed the latest hcf driver
(hcfpcimodem-0.98mbsibeta02090100k2.4.18_6mdk-1mdk.i586.rpm) for use with my
Conexant modem:Vendor ID-14F1, Device ID-1033, SubVendor ID-13E0, SubDevice
ID-020D, Rev. ID-08, under Mdk 8.2. I was previously using the 0.96 version
of this driver, and it was working quite well actually. Now with the new
version, I have lost my modem sounds...no dialtone, no handshake. It seems
to be connecting and working OK though. It's not a big deal, but has anyone
else experienced this? Any way to get my sounds back w/o reinstalling the
older version driver?

TIA for any feedback. All the best.
Thanks for your efforts Marc!

--Angus

"LET US NOT LOOK BACK IN ANGER OR FORWARD IN FEAR, BUT AROUND IN
AWARENESS."----James Thurber