[hcflinux] HSF Modem Problem using terminal based connection - cannot type

Chan Kitty cioksam at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 14 19:59:30 EST 2005

I am using Redhat 9 on my IBM T42 machine.  The kernel is 2.4.20-20.9.  I
have installed the HSF modem driver without problem.  My ISP requires me to
use terminal based connection for authentication.  I use kppp and make my
authentication as terminal based.  I dial to my ISP and get connected to
their modem server.  The terminal also comes up and showing me to input the
username.  However, I find that I could not type anything in the terminal.
I can type in other applications as usual but not in the terminal that has
shown up.  So, the connection at last timeout because I fail to input my
username and password.  I am not sure what the problem is.  Is it caused by
the HSF modem driver or KPPP or PPP ??  Please give me some help on this.