[hsflinux] Conexant HSF on Dell Inspiron 8200 - Working

Rodney _meff_ Gordon II meff at pobox.com
Sun Jun 23 03:24:05 EDT 2002

After hours, and hours of kernel hacking, trying different ways and
configs, I finally got the modem to work fine on this system. Right now,
I am running 2.4.19-pre10-mjc1 with a few personal modifications, I have
all preempt on and everything is working perfectly.

The culprit: APM.

Alas, I can't use ACPI because it freezes my system often and suspend
doesn't work with my system yet with it, I am left with APM. Well, with
it enabled, the modem will not negotiate, and fails to connect.. It
tries to negotiate, but just ends up in a loop-sounding error and sounds
really awful :)

Any idea why this doesn't work with APM?

I'd sure love to be able to suspend my laptop, but right now being I am
moving and my cable modem is off, the modem is more important at the
time.

Rodney "meff" Gordon II - meff at pobox.com

-->
Fast ship?  You mean you've never heard of the Millennium Falcon?
		-- Han Solo