[hsflinux] no dial tone

Tony Earnshaw tonni at billy.demon.nl
Tue Jan 20 01:56:32 EST 2004

man, 2002-12-09 kl. 00:21 skrev Richard:

> I installed Mandrake 9.0, and I am just loving Linux much better than
> microsoft.  After all the comments on how Linux is too complicated to
> use, stick with windows, I finally decided to give it a try.

It depends what you want Linux for. I boot up Windows once a month for
bank transactions, that's all I use it for. My bank only accepts IE with
its own certificate.

An awful lot of people on this list seem to be having problems with
Mandrake 9. You'd be better off working backwards through the mail
archives on www.mbsi.ca. You might even want to change your distro to
SuSE or Red Hat, if you've only just begun. All I can say is, stick with
Linux. If you miss MS Office there's OpenOffice.org or StarOffice, if
you miss Outlook there' Evolution etc. etc. ad infinitum.

Best,

Tony

--

Tony Earnshaw