[hsflinux] RING indication not being sent

Barry Lay blay at laysercomputing.com
Wed May 26 15:09:07 EDT 2004

I have a USR5660a modem which I wish to use for fax (both ways).  I
downloaded the latest HSF driver:

hsfmodem-6.03.00lnxt04051300full-1.i386.rpm

and installed it on a RedHat ES 2.1 system.  Using minicom I can see
that when I call the system from another fax machine the modem does not
respond with the "RING" indication, which is causing problems with the
fax software I am using (hylafax).  As far as I can tell from the
chipset documentation this is not the correct behaviour.

Is this a limitation in the driver, or a problem with the card?

Thanks,
Barry