[hsflinux] HSF as a fax answers the phone but doesn't beep

Harvey Coward harvey at mortgage-advice-centre.co.uk
Fri Apr 13 11:10:10 EDT 2007

In message <200704121550.48977.info at tuxsoft.co.za>, TuxSoft
<info at tuxsoft.co.za> writes
>Hi
>
>I am assuming you bought a license, cause without one FAX is not enabled.
>But even if you did buy one I think you may simply have to write the $19
>off as a "learning experience"

I did buy a licence.

>The license is so restrictive that should your modem not work you can't even
>try it on another modem, oh and yeah should you update your hardware you
>will again need to purchase a new license.

You mean (I hope) buy another modem, surely it can't be restricted to
one motherboard.

> So if you are like me and trying
>to supply the modem to someone who's PC is not on the net, its a nightmare
>trying to get it working, no simple get it sorted on your own server then
>take and install.

Frankly, if I didn't already have the modem, I wouldn't bother with one
that needed a purchased driver.

>I have no problem with the purchase of a license if it worked, if only it
>worked :(

Ditto.

>What fax server/client s/w are you using ?

I am trying to use efax. As I am new to Linux and efax tracking the
problem down is difficult. I have another modem I could try - but it is
an HCF !

I know that the thing worked on windows, although I do know that people
at the other end had to press the send button on their fax for it to
work.
--
Best regards
Harvey Coward

Email communications are not secure, for this reason Slough Mortgage Centre Ltd
cannot guarantee the security of the email or its contents or that is remains
virus free once sent.

This email message is strictly confidential and intended solely for the person
or organisation to whom it is addressed.  It may contain privileged and
confidential information and if you are not the intended recipient, you must
not copy, distribute or take any action in reference to it.  If you have
received this email in error, please notify us as soon as possible and delete
the message from your system.

Slough Mortgage Centre is a trading name of Slough Mortgage Centre Ltd,
Registered Office "Willsgrove", 10 The Chimes, Dean Close, High Wycombe, HP12
3HR. Registered in England, number 04460564. Consumer Credit Licence 570377.

Slough Mortgage Centre Ltd is an appointed representative of The Mortgage
Partnership (MK) Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial
Services Authority.